What is scale and how we use scale in CATIA?

The forum for Dassault Systemes CATIA- You can make Discussions, reply, questions and comments with design assistance, user help, data sharing, tips and tricks.
Post all of your knowledge, source links for CATIA to benefit other forum members. You may consider it also a product and industrial design forum. (Avoid spam)
Harvansh

What is scale and how we use scale in CATIA?

Postby Harvansh » Wed Jul 26, 2017 7:12 pm

Hi,
I am harvansh, I always used scale for measuring objects or distance etc. but while using Scaling in Catia this perform totally different. So please tell me the purpose of using scale tool?

FARHAN

Re: What is scale and how we use scale in CATIA?

Postby FARHAN » Thu Jul 27, 2017 11:40 am

Hiiiii bro,
As you said that scale is using for measurement. In that, if you observed the units then you find all the units were converted in the multiple of 10.
For example, 10 mm = 1 cm. 10 X 10 cm = 1m, 10 X 10 m = 1km etc. It shows a simple concept of ratio, similarly in the case of designing any component and you need to convert that design from mm to centimeter or meter you can covert it by using scaling tool. In that we basically use ratio.
Last edited by FARHAN on Thu Jul 27, 2017 11:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

Harvansh

Postby Harvansh » Thu Jul 27, 2017 1:58 pm

Ok I got it,
I have one more doubt :idea: what is the difference between scaling and affinity?
Last edited by Harvansh on Tue Aug 08, 2017 8:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

FARHAN

Postby FARHAN » Thu Jul 27, 2017 2:11 pm

Again I can say that Scaling and Affinity tools were similar. They just use as per the requirement, if you need to scale any component in a particular direction over there we use Affinity.

Return to “CATIA”