How to cut a solid body with the help of surface?

The forum for Dassault Systemes CATIA- You can make Discussions, reply, questions and comments with design assistance, user help, data sharing, tips and tricks.
Post all of your knowledge, source links for CATIA to benefit other forum members. You may consider it also a product and industrial design forum. (Avoid spam)
Priyanka

How to cut a solid body with the help of surface?

Postby Priyanka » Fri Jul 28, 2017 12:23 pm

Hello this is priyanka,
I m using Catia and I have a doubt that how to cut a solid body with the help of surface?

Ram

Re: How to cut a solid body with the help of surface?

Postby Ram » Fri Jul 28, 2017 1:55 pm

Hi priyanka,
Its simple if you need to cut solid with the help of surface you need to generate surface in which solid body completely lies on it, then using command “Split” which you will get in Part design workbench in Surface based Feature, with this command you can easily split solid with help of surface.

Priyanka

Postby Priyanka » Fri Jul 28, 2017 7:57 pm

Ok I got that surface based feature in part design. If you don’t mind will you give me the little bit description of the commands which comes under this toolbar.

Ram

Postby Ram » Fri Jul 28, 2017 8:00 pm

why not :!: Surface based Feature contains Thick Command, Close Command, and Sew surface.
Thick Command is basically used to make solid an open or close surface, because surface created in Generative Shape Design having negligible thicknesses and close command is basically used when you create a surface having no boundaries you can generate solid by using this command.

Return to “CATIA”