What is finite element analysis?

Discuss the topics related to the CAE products including Analysis, Meshing, Simulation, Designer and advanced Simulation, Finite element, Thermal, Flow, Motion & other. (Avoid spam)
Pragya

What is finite element analysis?

Postby Pragya » Sat Oct 29, 2016 10:48 am

Can anyone explain me, What is finite element analysis?

FARHAN

Re: What is finite element analysis?

Postby FARHAN » Sat Oct 29, 2016 11:03 am

Hi,

The finite element analysis (FEA) or finite element method (FEM) is a numerical technique for finding approximate solutions for partial differential equations. It subdivides a large problem into smaller, simpler parts that are called finite elements. Dividing the domain of the problem into a collection of sub domains, with each sub domain represented by a set of element equations to the original problem, followed by systematically recombining all sets of element equations into a global system of equations for the final calculation. Hence we get a calculation and a numerical solution for problem.

Kamlesh

Postby Kamlesh » Thu Jan 19, 2017 1:43 pm

Hey,
I am Kamlesh
Finite element analysis is method of analyzing large part because in this method the part is divided into smaller part than easy to calculate after recombining all element we get a proper and accurate result.

Thank you

Pragya

Postby Pragya » Fri Feb 10, 2017 4:00 pm

Good to see your comment on my question,
Can you help me and let me know if I apply load on one face then how the load get distriputed on that object? :?:

Return to “Computer Aided Engineering (CAE)”