What is purpose of using Tritangent fillet?

The forum for Dassault Systemes CATIA- You can make Discussions, reply, questions and comments with design assistance, user help, data sharing, tips and tricks.
Post all of your knowledge, source links for CATIA to benefit other forum members. You may consider it also a product and industrial design forum. (Avoid spam)
Priyanka

What is purpose of using Tritangent fillet?

Postby Priyanka » Fri Jul 28, 2017 11:36 am

Hello this is priyanka,
Recently I was working on dress up features in part designing. Over I got a command Tritangent fillet. I need to know the purpose of using behind this tool.

Ram

Re: What is purpose of using Tritangent fillet?

Postby Ram » Fri Jul 28, 2017 2:36 pm

hiiiii priyanka,
Hope you are doing well. As you want to know the purpose of this command before that I need to make you clear that tritangent stands for tangents of three adjacent sides. With the help of three adjacent faces this fillet will going to work. As a result you always get a semi circular fillet.

Priyanka

Postby Priyanka » Fri Jul 28, 2017 7:14 pm

Ok thanks I understand :)
I have one more doubt, what is the difference between face to face fillet and tri-tangent fillet?
Last edited by Priyanka on Tue Aug 08, 2017 8:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ram

Postby Ram » Fri Jul 28, 2017 7:23 pm

It’s my pleasure, actually In face to face fillet we select two adjacent faces but in tri-tangent fillet we select two opposite sides faces and middle. In face fillet those edges were selected automatically which comes in between two selected faces.

Return to “CATIA”